jueves, 17 de marzo de 2016

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath


The Bell JarThe Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the book. Ester is a student who wants to become a famous writer. The girl is a good student and gets scholarships. She is worried about her future, about marrying and about sex. She seems incapable of enjoying the good things that happen to her. She breaks down and is unable to write anymore.
The novel has got a good pace so you don't get bored. I liked the way it made me feel that I started reading a different book when I reached the middle of the novel. At the beginning you feel like the protagonist has got a good life and that she is just an spoilt girl, and in fact she is, but is easy to see that the problem is in her mind, not with her life. At the middle of the book you realise how her mind destroys her life and expectations. It reminds me of The Catcher in the rye and it reminds me of the 90's film Girl Interrupted, played by Wynona Ryder and Angelina Jolie as well.
I read Ariel some years ago and I liked  her poems too.

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario