martes, 14 de enero de 2014

Baking Cupcakes Using a Cupcake Maker

Dear readers,

These holidays I’ve been practicing my pastry-making. The question is that my workmates gave me a mini cupcake maker (Babycakes) in my birthday; I suppose they hoped I would bring some of the cupcakes to the office thing that I haven't done yet, because I want to master the machine first. The cupcake maker is like a sandwich machine but with eight small holes to put the batter in it. It’s supposed to be better than the oven because the cakes are ready in 5-8 minutes.  So I’m going to explain you my experience:


  1. Don’t try usual cupcake recipes. I tried to make a beer cupcake and after 1 hour in the machine they did not cook at all. I tried a yoghurt cupcakes and the did not cook, so when I was ready to kill someone with the machine...
  2. I discovered that in the instructions manual there was a basic recipe (in very small letters, in a corner at the bottom of the page so… Thanks) I tried this recipe and the cupcakes were delicious.
  3. I bought two books of more elaborated recipes specific for Babycakes. I tried the chocolate chip cupcakes with cheese buttercream. Absolutely great!

So, I have to say that I love the machine now (Using specific recipes). It is easy to clean and bakes very fast. The only problem some Spanish people can find is that all the instructions, recipes from the books and the web are in English and the measures are the American ones as well. I had to change some of the measures in order to make the cakes well: ml to grams, cups to grams and so on.
Here you have pictures of my cupcakes, the machine, the links to the books I used and the link to Babycakes webpage.

I wish you enjoyed the change of topic. Thanks for reading. 


Babycakes Cupcake CookbookBabycakes Cupcake Maker Recipes

CC-22





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario