martes, 5 de noviembre de 2013

Dexter: Best Moments (Spoiler Alert)


Hello readers,

Today I want to write about this great TV series. I have to say that I didn't started to really like it until I reached the last episodes of the first season, but I think almost everybody felt the same. Afterwards, I became totally addicted to it. It was so that sometimes I couldn't sleep after watching it. 
I think that before talking about the best moments we must talk about the finale episode. This has been a controversial issue as there are plenty of different opinions about it. I'm going to explain it with three questions and my answers:

1. Did I like the way the show ended? NO, I don't like Debra's final at all! 
2. Is it a good ending? Yes, I think the episode is exciting, unexpected and SAD! I really think it is one of the saddest endings I've ever seen in a TV show. 
3. Had you preferred a different ending? Yes, I've always said that Dexter should had ended dead or in prison. 

So, let's start with the best moments of the series from  5 to 1:

5. Liutenant Lagerta's Death
It is a big moment as it shows the moment when Debra, who is the person with the biggest moral sense in the series, breaks all her rules and kills Lagerta in order to save her brother. The image of Debra embracing the dead body of Lagerta is very emotive.

4. Trinity's murder
Trinity is one of the most horrible killers in the show, the one that Dexter could have killed easily but he doesn't and we all know the consequences of this fact. 

3. Rita's murder
We all shouted a big No! when realised that Rita wasn't save and sound and when we saw poor Harrison in a pool of blood and Rita's body in the bath. 

2. The Ice killer is Dexter's brother
This is the moment that makes the audience to want to continue watching the TV series. Dexter is a monster but his brother is much worse. 

1. Debra's final
 I know that it is Dexter's punishment to be alone but I found this death totally unfair. When Dexter remembers Harrison's birth and we see Debra happy already knowing she is almost dead is a really sad moment almost so sad as seeing Dexter throwing her sister's body into the sea. 

So this is the end of our favorite killer, Dexter, who tried to be a normal person while he always has felt a monster and who everybody thinks dead. Now he becomes a lonely man like almost all the killers and monsters he killed, facing his destiny.

Links: 
Jennifer Carpenter info: www.imdb.com/name/nm1358539/
Michael C: Hall info: www.imdb.com/name/nm0355910/
Animated series about ealry Killings by Dexter: www.youtube.com/show/dexterearlycuts


Did you liked the ending of the series? What would you have liked the most?










2 comentarios:

  1. Looking back at the season, what pisses me off isn't the finale itself, it's how they build up to it. I can respect that the final season was "a season like any other", in the sense that the characters doesn't know it's all coming to an end, like they did in Breaking Bad. But we've been glued to our televisions for eight years, rooting for Dexter and co, so the final season should be about them!
    Instead, we have new characters like Vogel (interesting story arc, but horribly executed, and far too late in the series.), Zach, Cassie, Elway, The Marshal and Masuka's daughter. (Seriously, what the hell?!) The people we know and care about were all set aside for the final buildup, and instead of an intense cat and mouse chase like season two or seven, we get one of the Boondock Saints looking for Dexter in an airport and A Marshal pistol-whipped by a tacked on "psychopath" (god I hate that word...), who then proceeds to shot (and kill) Debra!

    I got the whole "Dexter regains his humanity and it destroys him" aspect, I really do. But there wasn't enough time to build on it, let it stick. Debra's death seems rushed and sudden, and could've been more of a direct result of Dexter's recklessness.
    I thought the ending was really sad, the part with Debra being his final "victim" was fantastic and had me in tears. I also get that he was "paying his dues" when we finally see him; alone and with no monologue and no Harry. Still the season as a whole left a bitter taste in my mouth. It could've been 10.000 times more, had they played on the characters they had, instead of throwing a heap of new ones into the mix...

    Phew, that was longer than I planned... I guess I needed to vent my frustrations.
    Still one of my favourite shows, and I will always love and remember it. It just could've had a better end run, is all!

    - Sincerely, Bishop

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Robert,

    I totally agree with you! I don't see the point on having so many new characters in the last season. I prefer the structure of the other seasons where Dexter chases a killer who give an answer to his dilemas. I find that everything in the last season happens in a hurry. I hate the scene when Dexter's decides to leaves Oliver Vogel alive and all we know that's not a good idea.
    The last season is not as good as the rest of the show. I really agree with that.
    Thanks a lot for your comment!

    ResponderEliminar